Then we noticed the neighbour had peanuts.
So we've got peanuts.
Then the other neighbour had thistle seeds.
So now, we've got bird seed, sunflowers, thistle seeds, fat balls, peanuts and a ground feeder! Talk about competitive bird feeding - we're in the olympics. Worthwhile though - some of the birds we regularly see in our Derbyshire garden are:
- Blue, great, coal/marsh and long tailed tits
- chaffinch, gold finch, green finch , bull finch
- sparrows and dunnocks
- blackbids and song thrushes
- pidgeons, collarded doves
- greater spotted woodpecker
- pied and yellow wagtail
- And we've even see a kingfisher, coot and 2 ducks on the pond!
Who says birdseed isn't worth it?